Roasted Carnival Squash (butternut or acorn works well too)
Avocado (sliced into cubes)
Fajita style onions
Pancetta (cut into 1/2" cubes and pan fried until crispy)
To prepare squash:
- Cut squash in half length ways, scoop out seeds (reserve for roasted seeds!) then cut into 1/2" slices.
- Lightly coat squash with olive oil and season with a dusting of paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper powder and chipotle chili pepper powder.
- Arrange squash slices on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 400 until soft and lightly browned, flipping half way through.
- Remove skin from squash once cooked
To prepare chipotle mayo:
- Mix together roughly three tablespoons of mayonnaise with one one chopped chipotle pepper (in adobo sauce) with seeds.
- Sprinkle with roughly 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle chili pepper powder
- Add roughly 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce.
- Adjust to taste.
Toast your corn tortillas in a dry cast iron pan prior to assembly.