Monday, February 2, 2015

A Surprise Retirement Party

My mom recently retired from her job as a gate agent for US Airways. As soon as she told us the news, we called my brother and sister-in-law and started to plan a party for her. I can't believe I'm saying this, but we actually got her out of the house and were able to surprise her! This is no easy feat, and the only reason we were able to pull it off is because we used my adorable niece to lure her out (no one can say no to spending time with that munchkin.)


Since she was working for US Airways we decided to throw an airline themed get together. We got a bunch of balloons and had those floating around the kitchen. These made a big impact when everyone walked in.



The bar was set up like an in-flight beverage cart: full of mini soda's, nips, and champagne splits.



We found paper lunch trays from Shop Sweet Lulu and cooked a first class meal. Everyone enjoyed shrimp cocktail, shaved brussels sprout salad, lemon spatchcocked chicken, and garlic red potatoes. I may be biased, but I'm pretty sure it was the best airline food they have ever had :) We even printed out the US Airways logo and wrapped the utensils with it to make it that much more personalized.



Overall it was a really cute get together and very fun to plan. We are so happy for my Mom and hope she enjoys her retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment