Friday, January 18, 2013

Lemon Chicken

For my birthday last year my brother and his girlfriend got me one of the best presents ever: a subscription to Martha Stewart Magazine. I have been loving trying her recipes and gawking at her festive crafts and party ideas.

A few weekends ago we tried her Spatchcocked Lemon Chicken, and I have to say it was out of this world. We absolutely loved it, and especially loved how EASY it was. (Seriously, its too easy not to try... I think there are only 4 ingredients.) It had just the right amount of lemon, and was so moist it was falling off the bone. And the skin? So crispy and lemony. It was perfect.
 
 
 

In the magazine it says to use the leftover chicken, lemon, and shallots in a lemon rice soup. Originally I was more excited about the soup than the chicken, but in order to make the soup you had to do the chicken first.... so that is really why we tried this recipe out. And after the fact, we both thought the roasted chicken was better than the soup. The chicken was just SO GOOD when it came out of the oven, that the soup was not on par with it. Eventually we will try it again and play with some extra ingredients to make the soup have a bit more dimension.
 
 
We are so happy we tried this, and its definitely a recipe we will keep around to entertain with. You can set it in the oven and forget it while you get everything else set up. That's always a winner in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment